We are living in a period of profound change and disruption. Organisations are having to manage the accelerating pace of innovation and globalisation with a workforce that will soon span five generations. Employees are having to adapt to work in a constantly connected world where on average they will be looking for a job 11.7 times during their career.  Yet worryingly 70% of them currently feel disengaged. In a world where by the end of 2017 45% of the global workforce will be contingent workers how can organisations attract, engage and retain talent?
The recent advances in technology with the deployment of innovative Software As A Service (SaaS) solutions are providing an opportunity for organisations to answer some of these questions and offer their people a digital experience in the workplace that makes their lives easier, increases their engagement and are more productive.
However, successfully implementing these solutions and creating high levels of adoption can be challenging. Over the next five posts I will go through a number of areas I believe organisations should focus on when they are looking to improve the digital experience for their people. These are:
- Shifting from process to experience – looking at ways to change the way we design solutions to focus on how different employees will experience work rather than transact with a task
- Creating a progressive technology roadmap – creating a technology ecosystem that constantly changes and adapts to delight and engage your employees and collects data that provides meaningful insight
- Designing a digital HR function – advice on how to upskill your team and improve your ways of working to drive the digital agenda
- Increasing adoption and usability – providing practical tips on how to keep your employees constantly engaged and embrace using your digital solutions
- Remembering the ‘Human’ in HR – amidst all the talk of technology remembering to focus on the personal side of HR to help create a great experience
 Gallup Poll for World Economic Forum https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/11/70-of-employees-say-they-are-disengaged-at-work-heres-how-to-motivate-them/
 Ardent Partners in its 2015-2016 State of Contingent Workforce Management